This guitar is another from my personal collection that I've decided to let go because it's just not getting the playing time that it deserves. This pre-war Broadway plays great, despite the (probably original) frets being close to the end of their life.
The finish all appears to be original with no overspray that I can detect with a black light. It has the punch and tone that one would expect from a pre-war Epiphone with walnut back and sides.
- The neck has an extremely soft V shape, nearly C shaped.
- The nut width is just a hair under 1 11/16".
- It weighs 5 lb 3 oz.
- The tuners appear vintage correct. I'm not sure if they are original, although I see no signs that it has ever had any others.
- The original tailpiece end is included, but it is broken along the bend, as these Frequensators often are. I looked into having it repaired, but couldn't find anyone that could do it anywhere in my region. The Frequensator bars are original to the guitar and are attached to a recent vintage endpiece.
- There is a fair amount of finish checking throughout, but absolutely no cracks in the guitar anywhere.
- The binding is in very good condition throughout with almost no cracks.
- The OHSC has been taped around some edges in a matching color, but is otherwise in good condition for an 80 year old case. All of the original latches and hinges work correctly.
- Free shipping included in the continental US.